Just another day

Random thoughts from a random mind

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

How much can I take????

A mom on the group that I am in posted a message last night about fathers diciplineing. She said that she has a single parent mindset, and I can totally relate! I started to post a response, but did not really want to take over her post, so I thought I would come and vent here.
I have not been the happiest with where I am right now. I know that if I did not have kids, I would not be in this situation at all, but I stay for them. Well, last night C came home after being gone for a week with no calls or anything. We assumed that he was at his moms and working. That is at least until I went to his MySpace page and read that he has pretty much just been partying and hanging out for a week. Anyway there is no control on this child what so ever.
As soon as C got home though Dave's demeanor changed and everything that W did was wrong and he was getting yelled at. He was totally crushed and yes, I consoled him, because I know how he feels. It reminds me so much of how I grew up and I DO NOT want that for my children.
Well, then it turned to me and my parenting skills. W had a pretty big nap yesterday, so it was about 8:45 and he says that he should be in bed. Now mind you this all rests on me. I am the one that has to deal with him when he goes down, Dave does nothing. So, I got up and we went to bed. I wanted so bad to tell him that he had no room to tell me how to parent. I wanted to tell him that he needed to go deal with C, who by the way was supposed to be going to school today, and is still in bed.
Sometimes I just wish that I was stable enough financially to just leave. I know that I could go to Ohio, and have a place to go, but just don't know if that is the answer. I am just tired of walking on eggshells around my own house, and seeing the hurt in my childs eyes when he gets in trouble for being a child.

Okay vent over before I become a crying mess.....

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger ErinRagan said...

I'm so sorry, Sarah. I can just imagine how frustrating that must be. And, in this case, I say "good for you" for consoling your baby!!!

I hope things get better and you find happiness, whether it be there or elsewhere!

(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home